OSL optimizer and its penalites

Hello Everyone,

I have tried to reconstruct my images using OSL. I have tried various commands to do so, however, I am not able to get it to work. For example, I typed the following in the Terminal:

castor-recon -df somedata.cdh -opti OSL,1,1e-10,0.01,-1 -pnlt MRP:/path/to/config/optimizer/MRP.conf -it 10:4 -proj joseph -dim 100,100,100 -vox 1,1,1 -dout sth

However I got the error that reads as follows: “A problem occurred while checking penalty parameters”.

I modified the MRP.conf such that only 6-nearest is uncommented and everything else is commented. (I tried many other ways as well)
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me on how to pass these parameters for OSL and guide me to figure out my mistake.

Also another quick question: If I have two point spread functions, PSF1 and PSF2 (one for positron range for example) how can I pass them to castor? Is correct to pass as follows?

-conv PSF1,X1,X2,X3::when -conv PSF2, Y1,Y2,Y3::when

Best,
Seyyed

I have found the answer on how to reconstruct using OSL with penalty terms. I needed to specify the strength of the penalty by setting -pnlt-beta. Here is the final command:

castor-recon -df somedata.cdh -opti OSL,1,1e-10,0.01,-1 -pnlt MRP:/path/to/config/optimizer/MRP.conf  -pnlt-beta 1 -it 10:4 -proj joseph -dim 100,100,100 -vox 1,1,1 -dout sth

I found this looking at “castor-recon -help-algo”.

Best regards,
Seyyed

1 Like