CASToR Binary Datafile

Hello Castor Users,

I was wondering if someone could explain how one can form a binary datafile for a PET scanner. Let’s assume an extensively simple case in which I have a simple single-ring PET scanner which recorded only one coincidence between crystals number 10 and 200 at time t=1 s. The scanner has already defined properly and a crystal look-up table has been created for this scanner. Now, I want to create a binary datafile for the one recorded coincidence without any info on attenuation, scatter or random correction.
How can this coincidence in the mentioned PET scanner be defined using little endian encoding? Can somebody please walk me through the steps?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Cheers,
Reza

Hello Reza,

Please see section 6.1 of the general documentation pdf to have a description of the mandatory/optional fields for the PET header and binary datafiles. The position of the line of response in your one coincidence example will be defined by the crystal ID1 and ID2 fields, which will be associated to the crystal ID look-up-table as created for your scanner.

Additionally, you can have a look at the datafiles provided in the benchmarks distributed on the website, or the castor-datafileConversionEx script in the toolkits directory, which provides indications regarding how to implement some script to generate a PET CASToR datafile from any system datafile.

Regards,

Thibaut