CASToR_OMP ON
CASToR_ROOT ON
CASToR_SIMD ON
CASToR_VERBOSE ON
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Release
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX /home/cdy/castor/install

But when I “make -j4”,the error happen:

c1plus: warning: ‘-fassociative-math’ disabled; other options take precedence
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/castor-recon.dir/build.make:661:CMakeFiles/castor-recon.dir/src/management/gDataConversionUtilities.cc.o] error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:146:CMakeFiles/castor-recon.dir/all] error 2
make: *** [Makefile:130:all] error 2

Could you help me to solve the problem?

Hi,
I believe this is associated to compilation with SIMD. Try to regenerate with CASToR_SIMD set to OFF.

Hope this helps,
Thibaut

Hi,

Thank you for your kind help. But when I turn it off like this:

CASTOR_CONFIG /home/cdy/castor/castor_v3.1.1/config
CASTOR_CONFIG_DIR /home/cdy/castor/castor_v3.1.1/include/manage
CASToR_64bits ON
CASToR_BUILD_DEVEL OFF
CASToR_BUILD_GATE_UTILITIES ON
CASToR_BUILD_SAMPLE_UTILITIES ON
CASToR_DEBUG OFF
CASToR_MPI OFF
CASToR_OMP ON
CASToR_ROOT ON
CASToR_SIMD OFF
CASToR_VERBOSE ON
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Release
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX /home/cdy/castor/install

The error still exists:

make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/castor-datafileExplorer.dir/build.make:661:CMakeFiles/castor-datafileExplorer.dir/src/management/gDataConversionUtilities.cc.o] error1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:173:CMakeFiles/castor-datafileExplorer.dir/all] error 2

Does castor have requirement for the Version of g++ or the other dependencies ?

Hi,
CASToR requires ROOT for some utilities. Your error comes from a file related to root functions but it is hard to tell it is the issue without more details.

Do you still have an error if you set the ROOT and UTILITIES options to OFF ?

Hi

Thank you for your help , I failed installing CASTOR like you say. But I install it with makefile successfully. There is another question ,I want to learn more about reconstruction of GATE PET .
But when I search “https://www.castorproject.org/files/castor/castor_training_tmp/cstr_training_demos.zip”,
it show “The requested page could not be found.” So that ,I can not install the zip.
Is there another way to down load the training-zip?

Hi,
I am not sure where did you find the link but those files were just training data to be used for a short course, and were only planned to be online temporary.
However the section 9 of the documentation covers the utilities, and among them how to use the GATE converters. It should be helpful regarding how to use these tools. Do not hesitate if you have any question though.

Best,
Thibaut

Dear tmerlin

I am very grateful for your enthusiastic help. I am a new user both for GATE and CASToR . And now , I just have ".mac " and the output “.root”. I know the steps:

1. get the .lut file from the .geom file
    2.get .cdh/.cdf file from the .lut file
    3.use the .cdh/.cdf file to get .img

But I can not understand how to use the “.mac” or “.root” to get my own “.geom”. Is there some examples or teaching video .

Hi,

To convert your “.mac” to a “.geom”, you need to use the utility castor-GATEMacToGeom. Similarly, to convert GATE output (“.root” files) to CASToR datafiles (“.Cdh” and “.Cdf”), you can use castor-GATERootToCastor.

To use these utilities, you need to compile CASToR with CASToR_BUILD_GATE_UTILITIES=ON.

You will find additional information about these tools in section 9.2 of CASToR documentation.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Hi,

I first used cmake-gui to install CASToR like this:

export CASTOR_ROOT=ON
export CASTOR_GATE_UTILITIES=ON
or
export CASTOR_ROOT=OFF
export CASTOR_GATE_UTILITIES=ON

But when I typed “make” , it show:

make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/castor-GATEMacToGeom.dir/build.make:63:CMakeFiles/castor-GATEMacToGeom.dir/toolkits/castor-GATEMacToGeom.cc.o] error
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:80:CMakeFiles/castor-GATEMacToGeom.dir/all] error

Then , I used directly the makefile it offered directly like:
export CASTOR_ROOT=1
export CASTOR_GATE_UTILITIES=1
export CASTOR_CONFIG=/home/cdy/castor/castor_v3.1.1/config
But when I used ,it still showed: can not find the CASTOR_CONFIG.I think I’m already going crazy. Could you help me please?

I think this cannot be correct, as GATE utilities rely on ROOT to operate. You need to keep CASToR_ROOT=ON. (Also, I don’t know if it matters, but it should be “CASToR” with lowercase “o”.)

Do you get the error during compilation or after, when using CASToR? Could you copy-paste the exact error message that you are getting?

Hi,

I am sure that it is the problem with the root. The question below always appears ,when turn CASTOR_ROOT to ON.

like this:

/home/cdy/GATE/root/include/ROOT/RStringView.hxx:32:37: error: ‘experimental’ in namespace ‘std’ does not name a type
using basic_string_view = ::std::experimental::basic_string_view<_CharT,_Traits>;
/home/cdy/GATE/root/include/ROOT/RStringView.hxx:35:12: error: ‘basic_string_view’ does not name a type; did you mean ‘basic_streambuf’?
typedef basic_string_view string_view;

Hi,
Maybe a potential C++ standard mismatch, ROOT being compiled with a given C++ standard while CASToR enforces C++11. You can check C++ standard used to compile ROOT with root-config --features.
If they are different, could you follow the steps from the following thread ?
(use the CMakeLists.txt provided in the discussion, and set CXX_FLAGS to the one used to compile ROOT)

Hope this works,
Thibaut

Hi,

I am using CASTOR for pet, but the result look like strange.
Could you provide some suggestion?

gogi

Hi,

It is possible that the problem comes from Amide (see [1]). Do you have access to another software that can read Interfile image to quickly validate if the problem is on Amide side?

Bests,
Maxime

[1] Reading Interfile with ImageJ

Hi,

No I just open it in Amide. Because I do not kown how to use imageJ to open the .img.

Bests,
gogi

Hi,
You should try to open the image directly from the raw file, as it is possible the issue comes from Amide itself as suggested by Maxime.

Best,
Thibaut

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. In fact, I did open the file directly in .Raw format. Even when I opened the file using IMAGEJ, the image still looks like this. I’m wondering if there’s an issue with my input file. Are there any relevant examples, such as the output ROOT and MAC files from GATE in PET? I’d like to see what the normal process and results look like.

Best,
Gogi

Hi,

For examples, see [1].

Could you share pet_it9.{hdr/img}? The (possible) problem about Amide linked previously is about Endianness not being read correctly. Therefore, opening the .img as a raw is one way to make sure IF you use the good Endianness.

Bests,
Maxime

[1] Benchmarks CASToR v3 | CASToR

Hi,

Here is my output, https://we.tl/t-iKxWKIWkWr.
It seems like I’m not opening the file correctly. Even when I try opening the examples on the official website, I still encounter the same issue. Is there any tips while open the file?

Best,
Gogi

Hi,

I opened your file with amide with Endianness reading corrected and it is still mostly noise.

Did you try to open examples that are already generated or those generated by the benchmark?

If it is the first case, I would assume that you set Endianness wrongly in ImageJ or did not correct Endianness reading in Amide.

If it is the second, it would feel like your installation of CASToR has some problems which result in always generating incorrect images.

Bests,
Maxime