CASToR vs Gate PETscanner system root.output vs It is possible to do reconstruction of my Gate phantom using TOF ....

Dear CASToR users,

I’m a beginner using CASToR so here I have some questions….

I installed CASToR and using the NucMed plugin in Fiji I checked the agreement between the references images that you provide and my results for both benchmark about PET.

So, now I’m try to convert my Gate root.output into CASToR and I can’t ….

I’m studying the Cherenkov Photons coincidences and the influence of the TOF in the reconstructed images and for that I’m using a PETscanner system from Gate. I have 4 rings of 48 detectors blocks each ring. Each block is a matrix of 13 x 13 detectors of (4x4x20) mm….

It is possible to use somehow CASToR with my Gate PETscanner system root.output or geometry.mac instead …or is CASToR just compatible with Gate if I where using a CylindricalPET or ECAT system….

Any help I would really appreciate it….

Kind regards,

Dania Consuegra Rodríguez

Phd student Jožef Stefan Institute

Hi,

It is not possible to use CASToR as-is for your scanner definition: you would need to give a pre-computed LUT file or implement the conversion of your format to a .geom. However, I think it would by simpler for you to write your geometry.mac as a CylindricalPET. I might be wrong, but your scanner geometry seems easy to implement in the CylindricalPET "format".

Have a nice day,
Maxime Toussaint